Sunday 4 March 2012

Women should NEVER join Navy SEALS

Gooooooooood morning, folks!

So, last night I watched "Act of Valor" with a good guy friend of mine. Basically, the film is about all of the dangerous and brave deeds that men do in the Navy SEALS... with some touching upon how these men view their sense of duty. I'm not a film critic, but I can say with great confidence that this movie was very well made; it had fabulous action, okay acting (considering most of the men who were in this flick were actual Navy SEALS and not actors), and the demonstration of bravery and courage that these men displayed (based on 'real acts of valor') blew my mind.
As far as I know, in the United States, women can join the Marine Corps and NOT the Navy SEALS. Also, women are forbidden from taking part in combat. What do I have to say about this..? GOOD. And here are my reasons for agreeing with this:
1.) Ladies, let's face it. We are not as physically strong as men. The strongest woman in the world would never be as strong, or stronger than the strongest man in the world. We're just not built that way. In extreme combat situations, having someone who is physically 'less strong' than the average Navy SEAL man can mean the difference between life and death for others. This is what I learned from the movie: these gentlemen had excellent communication, and worked as a team, with each man carrying out very specific duties. Every strong man acted as a powerful link, making one powerful chain. Having one weak link in the chain puts the lives of others in jeopardy. Can a 5'5" woman pull a 200lb injured man out of danger? Umm...nope. And I am losing patience all of this politically correct, inclusive mumbo jumbo that INSISTS that the Navy SEALS include women, so they can be seen as more of an inclusive force. If they do that, they are putting so many lives at risk, unnecessarily.
2.) Men are hardwired for such situations. Men have an interesting, natural born talent, and that is to separate a mission from their emotions. Because of this talent, they are able to put themselves (and their lives) at great risk for the protection of others. This makes a man a FABULOUS PROTECTOR. They are capable of very black and white thinking. Women are, by nature, less inclined to put themselves in physical danger. We are reproductively less disposable, and physically more vulnerable. As a woman, my physical safety often takes priority over some kind of task. If I don't feel safe, I don't carry out the task. Period. Well, I have carried out jobs which require me to be put in physical danger...I have climbed 30 foot ladders at work, and have walked on the actual ROOF of the Cathedral where I work. I am able to carry out these deeds because I am confident in my own personal abilities. For example...my balance and footing. But when the danger is unpredictable and certain, I would never take a chance.
Now, just because a woman's emotions are often integrated in her decision making does not mean that she is mentally weaker! Why must women believe that to be successful, they must think, and act, like men? Women have been given many talents but they spend less time developing their talents and more time looking at how much they want to fit in with the boys. Are they crazy?
3.) Women have different needs. When I watched the movie, I thought, "Sure, I can learn how to sky dive without being scared, I can learn how to use a grenade (I already know how to fire a gun...several different kinds of guns, actually), and I can learn how to scuba dive, but let's face it, I ain't doing any of that nonsense when I'm on my period". I cannot imagine being stuck out in a dirty, muddy jungle for days, and being shot at, and then thinking, "Oh drat, my cramps are killing me and I need to change my tampon". And no, I would never take a shot of hormones to get rid of my period for a few months because those needles can make people gain weight and feel sick. And I need to keep sanitized and clean for my own health. Guys can go forever without a shower, it seems.  Yuck.
4.) It's not good for women to believe they must fit in with boys to be equal. Women are learning how to hate themselves and each other.... and to be super competitive with each other. They are also learning that in order to be successful, they must hate men, yet,...act like men. The sooner women learn how to love being women, the better. Let the man do his duty, which is to lay down his life for you (which is the greatest act of love), and show veneration and appreciation for that love, and live that appreciation every day of your life. Make sacrifices for the man who loves you (since by sacrificing your will, you are also sacrificing your life for the well being of your man). Therefore, men and women will be making sacrifices for the protection and well being of each other. Stop this politically correct, competitive nonsense, learn your talents, and just get along...Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog. I'm a young woman and soon to be college grad who finds herself in an ever-demanding, competitive world. Sometimes I find myself heat up with anger when I realize society has placed so many limits in me, yet I force myself to imagine the world my grandmother grew up in. Night and day. I am so thankful that I am free to get an education and hopefully a high paying job, let the men sacrifice their lives if they choose. Sure, it would be super cool to see a woman navy seal, but I could not imagine the awful, grueling
    experience she would go through..probably twice as worse as her male counterparts because she is the only female. I agree with everything you said. Lets focus on being women and stop trying to b
    e like men. If you wanna be a badass, buy a gun and use your excellent female dexterity to sharp shoot.

    ReplyDelete