Monday 12 March 2012

Blech..!

Hi People,

Yours truly has been afflicted with a stomach flu from HELL, hence, my lack of recent posts . However, I do happen to have an opinion on something...
Fr. Guarnizo, the priest in Washington who refused the openly gay woman Communion, has been removed from his priestly post with his priestly faculties taken away, apparently...due to 'intimidating behaviour' towards parish staff. Perfect timing, eh? His refusal of Communion has already kicked up quite a fuss in the LGBT Community, and now they are pulling him out due to intimidating behaviour? Riiiight.
Anyway, an investigation is underway, and he will hopefully be returned to his post after the investigation has reached a conclusion...hopefully it will be in his favour.
This reminds me of my last post regarding the rubbish that Catholic priests must put up with on a regular basis. Well, this adds another point to the list: Catholic Priests MUST be brave and defend the teachings of Christ, even at the risk of losing popularity. Seriously, what's more important? Standing up for God, or being popular in the eyes of the crowd, who are already so fickle? It happened to Jesus you know...why, on Palm Sunday they greeted him with honour, and then on Good Friday they mocked and killed him like a common criminal. Haven't people learned that the popularity of the crowd is really an illusion? There is nothing steadfast in the nature of the mob. Well, the only thing steadfast about a mob is their unpredictable and unreliable behaviour.

I was so distraught that I wrote a letter to the Bishop of the Archdiocese. The Bishop's actions have saddened me, since he has shown compassion towards the woman, openly living in sin (and who is a BUDDHIST..!) rather than commending the priest who had the GUTS to uphold what is Sacred! Here is my closing statement from the letter:

As a Catholic in this society, doing the right thing for Christ means not being popular. FrGuarnizo has lost popularity through his actions, and you appear to be gaining popularity through your actions. What does this tell you?




Us Catholics must learn that standing up for what we believe is not popular, but we should take consolation is knowing that the popularity of the crowds is an illusion. I commend Fr. Guarnizo for his bravery for upholding what Catholics consider to be the most sacred: The Eucharist.
Unfortunately, people's 'feelings' are considered more sacred than the Eucharist....

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I am not certain as to why this woman has kicked up such a storm over this - if she was raised Catholic, but has rejected it and gone to other paradigms (Buddhism), then why the outrage? I don't EVER get to take communion - EVER. Why??? Because I am not yet Catholic, and am not in a state to recieve it. Do you see me going to the news to complain, or acting like it's some kind of human rights violation??? Give me a break.

    ReplyDelete